In 1999, the Lutheran High School Association of Greater Milwaukee founded its third school, Lake Country Lutheran High School (LCL). LCL opened its doors to five students its first year as it rented space from Divine Redeemer Lutheran School. After five years in the trailers at Divine Redeemer, LCL grew to an enrollment of over 140 students and moved to Oconomowoc's previously used YMCA building. Enrollment continued to steadily increase and the Board of Directors and supporters worked hard on securing land and space to build a facility. In February of 2009, LCL moved into its permanent facility on the northeast corner of the intersection of Highways 16 and 83. The state of the art school building contains classrooms, three science labs, music rooms, a resource room, robotics classroom, athletic locker rooms, the Great Hall student center and an extra-large Gymansium with capacity for 1200 spectators.
Since the facility was built in 2009, LCL has been blessed by generous donors to continue to expand and develop the campus. The campus includes a baseball field, softball field, soccer field, football and track and field stadium, a cross country course, and many practice fields. In 2018, LCL's enrollment rose to 370 students and the community raised enough to build an expansion for five additional classrooms, choir room, band room, bathrooms, and a multi-use space for performing arts.
We are very grateful for the enrollment growth and the support from the community to provide beautiful facilities and places for students to learn and grow. However, as our founding Principal, Mark Bahr, repeatedly said in the early days...
"LCL is not about the building"